The American Astronautical Society established these awards to recognize outstanding contributions in space flight and space exploration; flight testing; space science and technology; commercial utilization of space technology; space flight safety; space flight mechanics and astrodynamics; extravehicular protection in space; public leadership in promoting the Nation's space programs and policies; development of space systems for National defense; international cooperation; and to recognize books that further public understanding of the impact of astronautics upon society.
The deadline for 2013 nominations is September 30. Go to the criteria and procedures page to nominate one of your colleagues for an AAS award.
The awards are listed in the order in which they were established by the Society. Click on each award to view descriptions and past recipients.
- Space Flight Award
- Melbourne W. Boynton Award
- Flight Achievement Award
- Victor A. Prather Award
- William Randolph Lovelace II Award
- Lloyd V. Berkner Award
- Dirk Brouwer Award
- John F. Kennedy Astronautics Award
- Eugene M. Emme Astronautical Literature Award
- Military Astronautics Award
- Industrial Leadership Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Carl Sagan Memorial Award
- Advancement of International Cooperation Award